Cerec Technology in Bowral
What is Cerec Technology?
It is a computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) dentistry tool. The technology was first developed by W. Mormann and M. Brandestini in 1980 at the University of Zurich and today the machines are manufactured by Sirona. It uses 3-D photography and CAD/CAM technology that allows our dentists at Bowral Street Dental Practice to construct, produce and install individual ceramic restorations (inlay, onlay, crown or bridge) in-office. So what used to take multiple appointments for evaluation, impressions and off-site lab manufacturing can now be accomplished in just one appointment. Now our Dr. Raj can create near perfect restorations on a regular basis.
CEREC treatment usually includes the following:
- Preparation: Dr.Raj shape your tooth structure and reshaping the area to make room for the restoration.
- Making a digital impression of the area. As soon as the tooth can easily accommodate the crown, Dr. Raj will use a specialized intra-oral camera to take digital images of your teeth.
- The digital information is uploaded on the design unit that uses CAD/CAM software. This creates a 3-D model of your restoration, which acts as a blueprint.
- The information is sent to the milling machine. Our dentists at Bowral then uses the on-site milling machine to create your new tooth from a block of high-quality, meta-free, biocompatible dental ceramic that matches the natural structure of your teeth.
- As soon as the tooth is ready, Dr. Raj can stain the ceramic and give it a final polish. That way, the restoration matches the rest of your teeth.
- Fixes the restoration in place. Lastly, Dr. Raj cements the restoration over the reshaped tooth, makes any minor adjustments, and your restoration is completed. The entire procedure takes one or two hours.
Benefits of CEREC Technology
The advantages of this advanced machine include:
- Fewer visits
- Lower cost restorations
- Shorter appointment times
- Only one anesthetic injection
- Long lasting results
- More natural-looking restorations
- No off-site lab fees
- No temporary restorations
- Biocompatible materials instead of metal alloys
- No bulky molds that make you gag
- No issue with inaccurate dental impressions
When Would I Need a CEREC Restoration?
Have you cracked a tooth? Suffered from extensive decay? Need a crown, inlay, onlay or bridge? If so, then you might be a candidate for CEREC same-day restorations. You might consider visiting a CEREC restoration dentist in Bowral if you have outdated dental work that needs replacing or want to replace unsightly metal restorations with a biocompatible, more natural-looking ceramic one.
Why Should You Choose Us
With CEREC technology, Dr. Raj has full control over the restorative procedure from start to finish. He can remove damaged or infected enamel, mill down your tooth, and design, fabricate and fit your new restoration all in one appointment. With his experience and expertise, no one will ever need to know you have a dental crown, inlay, onlay or bridge. Your comfort and quality care are assured with CEREC same-day restorations.